Hidden place to eat at La Jolla,California


I just came back from the dinner at La Jolla....I was just walking ,walking,could not find any place to eat where I did not have to wait for an hour before they let me in and suddenly ...here we go :The Brockton Villa restaurant.
That was great choice a treat ,food was great ,view ...to die for .They took me right away ,no waiting.Before I ate I ask for

Soljans Hawkes Bay Merlot/Cabernet/Malbec 2004 New Zeland

It has a full bodied roundness with good tannin structure,Merlot – 1/3rd 18 Months in mainly French oak barriques. Cabernet Franc – 18 months in French and American oak barriques. Malbec – 18 months in seasoned French oak barriques.I could taste a cedar and vanilla edge to the plum and blackberry flavours from the grapes

Then I had special dinner presented by the Chef Steven Brown
at "The Brockton Villa" 1235 Coast Blvd. La Jolla, Ca 92037 ,phone: 858 454 7393 located right on the ocean. I complemented him about his creation: Lemon & Oregano Rubbed Free-range Chicken Grilled Spring Vegetables/Natural , be cause it was just outstanding. I also tastedPierre Boniface Vin de Savoie Apremont 2004 to complement his composition.
I could not just leave with out saying anything,as you can see his presentation was also just right. Later I ordered cappuccino with a cinnamon .
Before I left Steve found a little time to came out and talk to me ,it was very nice of him to do it.
We had a little chat about food and wine.
The atmosphere was very European, nobody rushed me to leave, I was left for myself to enjoy a great view of the sun on the horizon.

I would recommend this place to everyone,it is off the main street( I am really glad) ,right on the ocean.
Steve and entire staff are so dedicated to quality you can see it as soon as you enter their property,by the way Mellisa did excellent job helping me choosing my wine for the dinner.
Steve you can be proud of you and your staff -GREAT JOB GUYS..
I am giving you 4 stars ****.

Comments

Popular Posts